Wednesday

New Year Eve countdown bags!!

I am so excited about this New Years Eve countdown! This will definitely be a new family tradition!!! 


 I saw this idea on 'pinterest' and I got so excited, my son is almost 3 and he will love doing this! I bought some party bags but you could use plain brown paper lunch bags. I found some cute printables (I will post the link below) I thought of a fun activity for each bag. Your child can open a bag every hour leading up to the new year! We will start ours at 5pm, so I made 8 bags. My son is so young that we will be celebrating east coast new years (we live in California, so it will be 9pm here) so the last 3 bags will be more for my hubby and I.  So here we go!!!


I got this ADORABLE printable HERE!   I printed out one sheet and cut them out...all you do is add the 'hands' to the clocks!




So here is what we are doing each hour!

5PM: Beads and streamers to decorate 

6PM: BIG Balloons (the kind you hit up and down)
  7PM: New Years Eve interview and Pop-its

I found this FUN printable HERE!!!
This sheet has a few questions that you can have your kids fill out each year. Some questions don't apply to my kids yet and they won't be able to fill it out by themselves yet but I am excited to keep these from each year and see and remember their different interest!


8PM: glow glasses and glow sticks 
I got these at Target in the party section
 9PM: Noise makers and kids celebrate new years (east coast time, it will be 9pm for us here in Cali)


10PM: (now that the kids had their 'early' new years, time for Mommy and Daddy, so this bag is a few of our favorite treats!
11PM: New Years Resolutions 
I did one for our relationship (really, who can't improve on that!?) and one personal one, I am a firm believer in writing things down, I think if you write it down it's more meaningful then just saying it.




12PM: New Years SMOOOOCH!!! 






I am SO excited!!! Happy New Year to you all!!!  I would LOVE to hear if you do this and what ideas you used for each hour!!!

1 comment:

Thank you for your feedback and comments!!!!