Sunday

More Christmas Fun



Aside from doing our activities for our story and craft Christmas countdown  we have all so been doing a few other things.



I bought these at the dollar tree, they are magnetic 'holiday' pictures. Each picture has many pieces to it, so we used them as puzzles.





For more Giant magnet board fun click here





We also made a gingerbread house, last year I was much more ambitious and made everything from scratch this year having a 4 week old baby, I happily bought a 'kit' I put it together the night before so it would be nice and sturdy for my son to decorate the next day.


I was proud of his attention span, although I'm sure it helped that he got to eat candy as he decorated!


Today we made these fun sensory bags. you can find the original recipe here. I have made a lot of different sensory bags in the past but this recipe is by far the best texture!!


  • 1 cup cornstarch
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 4 cups cold water
  • Food coloring
  • 2 gallon-size ziplock bags
  • Duct tape
Instructions
  1. Over medium heat, combine the cornstarch, sugar, and water in a saucepan, stirring continuously.
  2. Once the mixture begins to thicken, (you will totally start to notice it thicken, slowly but surely) remove the pan from the heat and stir for another minute or so until it thickens to a pudding like consistency. Let it cool for 30 minutes.

  3. Spoon the mixture into two bowls, stir a few drops of food coloring into each  then divide the colors between the ziplock bags. Seal the bags with duct tape and let your child mix and mash the colors (they'll keep for up to a week).
I made a Christmas bag by adding glitter and letting my son mix it in the bag
This is why you tape the bag closed ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback and comments!!!!